Changing the Study Programme

In 2016 I left my home in the south to come to Santiago to study Journalism and in the first week of classes we were told there was a new curriculum and it was really a big change!

I spoke with many friends who studied with the previous curriculum and now the university consumes a lot of time, it is not more difficult but the most "demanding" assignments are in the same semester

I believe that the new curriculum is attractive and very comprehensive for our discipline, however, it is ambitious and as implemented with our generation we are the "test subjects" of all the stress and adjustments that this change has entailed, both for the students as for the professors of the ICEI

Now we have more subjects about specific things like History of Chile or Economy and I  think that's one of the best things to be good journalists. The career lasts 5 years and does not have much infrastructure or technological resources such as cameras or recorders

So far this year, as a generation we have talked a lot about stress and mental illness, we are concerned and believe that the university is sometimes an important factor.


I want to believe that our attachments are studied so that they do not discuss the same mistakes with the people who will enter the race in the next few years, because it is a good school of journalism and exploiting students is a bad idea to obtain good results

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Summer Holidays

Kill Bill

Post-Graduate Studies